Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

keyboard turns on computer

• Please log in to reply

vanrebl

vanrebl

• Pip
  • 5 posts
my computer started turning on by the touch of the keyboard....no not in hybernation .....i turn it off and touch the keyboard and it boots up...how do i stop this is there a setting i am missing in my bios?...funny thing is it just started doing it....i havnt changed bios settings or anything....

thank you in advance
vanrebl

Edited by vanrebl, 28 February 2006 - 10:11 PM.

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi vanrebl...

There may be a setting in the BIOS under Power Management for wake to keyboard, but it doesn't really sound like the machine is actually shutting down.

Open "Power Options" from Control Panel. Under the "Advanced" tab, make sure that "Shut Down" is selected in the drop down menu in the "Power buttons" section. "Apply" any changes you made and click "Ok".

Let me know what you find.

wannabe1

Edited by wannabe1, 01 March 2006 - 12:39 AM.

Thef0rce

Thef0rce

• PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
that happens on certain motherboards. the machine is shut down, the process is normal. I've seen my boyfriend's computer do this after a perfectly normal shutdown. it's a setting in the bios that you have to change. with this setting activated, the keyboard lights stay on, even when the computer is shut down. so look in the bios.

vanrebl

vanrebl

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
yup it was a setting in my bios.....ty for your help :tazz:.....i just wonder how it got set that way.....hmmmm anyway.....ty again!!!