In my year experience of proffesional pc repair ive never encountered this problem.
1. My friend recently had his dell MOBO crap out on him.
2. I installed the new one he purchased through dell
3. Install went fine, all tests passed with pc-check6
***THE ISSUE*** 4. 3 weeks later (today) he is back with issues that dell claims it is his proc. Doesn't post nor show proc activity. He claims he was working on the pc and sent a static electric shock to his metal desk and at that same time his pc shut off and put him out of commission. (his pc sits on no rubber pads, just hard plastic built in to the chasis)
5. I replaced his processor but he still has no led activity nor post.
6. replaced cmos battery, still nothing.
7. replaced power supply (thinking maybe his measly 300w turd couldnt power his 2 ide drives,floppy and 2 sata hdd's), still nothing.
7 IM STUMPED, could he have already killed his mobo again?? its only been 3 weeks?? I removed the memory and it recognizes it with its warning beeps.
Sr. Geek Squad