Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Microsoft Digitally Signed

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have been trying to get my puter to recognize the usb data cable for a week. Whenever a load driver software I get a message stating microsoft digitally signed, which I assume is stopping the computer from completing download. Computer has never recognized cable. OS windows 2000

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hello imaidiot101...

I'm assuming that the error you receive is saying in effect "This driver has not been digitally signed". This just means that at the time your operating system was released, this driver had not been submitted for or had not passed Microsoft's compatability testing. You should be offered the choice to use it anyway. If the device lists your operating system in it's system requirements, you should be able to use it. However, it sure wouldn't hurt to visit the device manufacturer's website and see if there are any updated drivers available.