Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help me please!

• Please log in to reply

haphuong1712

haphuong1712

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
My computer is Presario 2800 , it's usb driver has a trouble , it can't detect any thing such as webcam .. , it only can detect mouse . Here is what I found in the Device Manager
NEC PCI to USB Enhanced Host Controller (B1)
NEC PCI to USB Open Host Controller
(!)NEC PCI to USB Open Host Controller
USB Root Hub
USB Root Hub
How can I solve this problem ??

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi haphuong1712...

In Device Manager, right click on NEC PCI to USB Open Host Controller and select "Update Drivers". Have the Wizard search for the best drivers. If this doesn't do the trick, post back and we'll go a little deeper.

wannabe1

haphuong1712

haphuong1712

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
I tried so many times but it's done nothing . :tazz: And when i uninstalled then tried to install it couldn't be installed either.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Download and install This Driver. Free registration is required to download the files. (Compaq does not offer drivers for this.)

Let us know if this helps.

wannabe1

haphuong1712

haphuong1712

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
Thanks for your help but i've already try to search on the Driverguide , but it can't help either , i've downloaded all the possible file for my USB controller but it can't help :tazz: But when i downloaded the HP_PAVILION_XE743.zip on Driverguide to update driver it had a little improve , but when it asked for openhci.sys to continue i can't find the file nor in the HP_PAVILION_XE743.zip , can u have me to solve this problem ?

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Is your XP installation an upgrade from Win98 or ME?

haphuong1712

haphuong1712

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
No , but I'm not very sure , this is a laptop Presario 2800 , and i think when my brother bought it , it already installed Win XP

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Have you tried This Download?

haphuong1712

haphuong1712

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
Thanks for your help, it seems to helpful now , i have to restart my comp , when it start up , i will see the result .

haphuong1712

haphuong1712

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
I can't see why, last time it was successful installed but when my comp starts up , the problem's still there .. I have no idea .. :tazz:

haphuong1712

haphuong1712

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Did you reinstall HP_PAVILION_XE743.zip? If not, try that now.

Is Service Pack 2 (SP2) installed on this machine?

Edited by wannabe1, 01 March 2006 - 09:21 AM.