Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

WPA encoding with Intel(R) PRO/Wireless LAN 2100 3B

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

I have been trying everything to connect to a WPA-encoded WLAN. I do have the Service Pack 2 for Windows XP and I even reainstalled it just in case, but the WLAN installer assistant just doesn't offer me the option to add a WPA-encoded WLAN. The error message then tells that WPA is not supportet by my WLAN adapter.

I have the:

Intel® PRO/Wireless LAN 2100 3B adapter.

However, as far as it seems accoding to several websites I found, this adapter should support WPA.

So what can I do to get this WPA-encoding running on my PC? I have been going through heeps of Microsoft and Intel updates that all didn't help.

Thanks for your help!

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
what driver version are you using

wpa was not supported until Version