Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Snap Server 2200 Disk Configuration

• Please log in to reply

Polgara00

Polgara00

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have a Snap Server 2200 that has two disk in it and they were mirrored. One of the disks failed and I have replaced the disk that was broken with one that is exactly the same as the broken one. I have tried to format the new drive and it seems to be working. But the mirror will not re-establish itself. I have tried to go the the Snap Appliance website for help and according to what I can see it is suppose to be hot swappable.

I know the new drive is working because I have uplugged each drive one at a time and I can still operated the Server. Do you know of a way in which I can clear the disk configuration so I can re-establish the mirroring. The data was backed up so if I have to re-format or loose the data currently on the drive that is not an issue.

I have tried to check the configuration on the server and all I see is a message that the disks are set up for mirroring and one of the disks have failed and to contact Snap Appliance support. This machine is out of warranty and I would like to fix it without having to pay for support.

Any help you could give me would be appreciated.

Thank you

Advertisements

Polgara00

Polgara00

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I found the solution to my problem at this link:

http://forums.procoo...9714#post139714

It was very helpful and my disk are now re-mirroring. I lost my data but I had a back up of that so it was not a big deal.

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Welcome to G2G, Polgara00

Sorry no-one has responded to your topic. I did have a look at it myself a day or two ago but wasn't able to find much information on Adaptecs website. I'm glad you've been able to resolve it yourself & thank you for sharing the solution with us :tazz: