Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Broadband goes off

• Please log in to reply

CJIS

CJIS

• PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
Ok my friend has his internet through Wanadoo and has micro-filters connected but if he rings out or someone rings him his internet goes off.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
i assume you're talking about dsl? i would have him contact wanadoo...as there may be problems with the filters..

CJIS

CJIS

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
yes DSL and i will tell him that, thanx

CJIS

CJIS

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
he has contacted wanadoo and they did nothing about it.

CJIS

CJIS

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
Ok so he said wanadoo wouldn't do anything, I went round his computer and he has McAfee installed with the antispyware and everytime his internet goes off (somebody rings in or out) then McAfee pops up saying that the proxy server or something to do with the proxy has changed but he doesn't use a proxy.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
so when someone calls in..mcaffee throws up a message?

what h appens if you disable mcaffee completely...get online...and call the phone?

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
tell him to do this as well

start > run, type
eventvwr.msc
<enter>

Look under systems and applications for items with red Xs that happened at the SAME time as your problem...list them here.

CJIS

CJIS

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
Ok i cant get to his until wednesday, but when someone calls in or he calls out the internet goes off and then McAfee pops up a message saying that the something within the proxy has changed. I have tried fully disabling McAfee and still the internet goes off but, obviously, no mcafee this time.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
when you can get to the machine lets get the error logs...

CJIS

CJIS

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
ok thanks

CJIS

CJIS

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
Ok according to the event veiwer it just says that the internet was disconnected by the user but that is incorrect as the internet disconnects itself but these aren't red error messages, because there isnt any of these this is just an information event. it says RemoteAccess.

Edited by CJIS, 22 March 2006 - 02:38 PM.