Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Digital Photo Error

• Please log in to reply

vampy

vampy

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Live chat suggested I post my problem in this area, if it needs to be somewhere else, let me know. I have dozens of digital photos that suddenly come up with the following error when I try to look at them The image “file:///O:/(MAYBE%20PROBS)Train%20Flowers/DCP_0001.JPG” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors. Please not that the beginning in (MAYBE PROBS) Train Flowers is the name of the folder and the name of the JPG is DCP 1. I have no idea what happened and can use as much help as I can get. I was going to to attach the particular photo but got an error message (The requested file upload failed because suitable permissions have not been enabled on the 'uploads' directory. Please contact the board administrator and inform them of this error.) I will inform the board administrator Thanks bunches Vampy

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP

file:///O:/(MAYBE%20PROBS)Train%20Flowers/DCP_0001.JPG”

so this picture is in the 0: drive in a folder named (maybe probs)train flowers/
and the file name is dcp_0001.jpg?

what are you trying to open the file with?

also...maybe (probably not gonna work..but give it a shot) try copying one of the non-working image to a different folder...like c:\testpic (made that folder name up...but..make sure the folder is a one word name folder)

vampy

vampy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Tried your suggestion, it did not work. I had tried moving the files/folders before but thought I would try again. Yes to your description of file, locations etc. I am not using anything specific to try to open the photo, I just click on it, which is what I always do with photos I have on my different drives or discs. I suppose it might be worth a try to use a photo edit program and see what happens.

Edited by vampy, 01 March 2006 - 01:44 PM.