Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ShadowUser control panel item

• Please log in to reply

Vaillant

Vaillant

• PipPipPip
  • 495 posts
I installed ShadowUser the other day to see what it had to offer. Decided to stick with VMware. but now, I've got a ShadowUser icon in the control panel, that seemingly doesn't exist anywhere on my system, wether it be in the registry or on the harddrive.

I need help to remove this icon. Thanks.

Advertisements

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Do a search on your hard drive for .cpl files. It's probably in the windows\system32 folder. If you find one that refers to this ShadowUser icon, you can delete it if the program is no longer installed on your machine. Please be careful not to delete the wrong files!

Vaillant

Vaillant

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 495 posts
Ahh, yes I had overlooked the file when I searched for the .cpl

I didn't take a close enough inspection to which files were in the system32 folder. I found and deleted the file.

Thanks very much for the speedy reply.