We have a application which synchronizes data thorough the web. That is the only time user needs to connect to internet. These users have either modem connection through their telephone line.
There are three users who have Optimum onlne cable connection. Their laptops somehow never disconnects from the internet. I have check all settings through the application. The web application communication files shows that they are disconnectting from the modem after the synchronization finishes. But the Event viewer logs shows that they are connected for 400 minutes and more for the time being.
I am very confused. I sent the files comm log files to the support group of that application group and they mentioned that there is nothing wrong with the connection. The modem is disconnecting form their application. But when I see bills for the end of the month it shows that those three users laptops had been connected for hours each day.