Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

yahoo delivery failure messages

• Please log in to reply

libraryone

libraryone

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello, I hope you can help me because our systems admin. and her assistant can't. I sent and e-mail on 2/27. It was to an yahoo address that apparently is no longer valid. I got a delivery failure message like you normally do and that was fine. Then about 10 minutes later I got 4 more, all involving the same address. Now here it is 2 days later and I am getting 7 at a time every 10 minutes with no sign of stopping. I don't get them when the computer is off and the time sent has consistantly been 10 minutes apart. I have tried contacting and replying to the Mailer-DAEMON@yahoo.com and get nowhere. What, if anything can you all suggest?
Thank you

Advertisements

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
Does it say that it's continuing to try and send it and will continue to try for five days?

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
i would actually contact yahoo support for that one..the mailer daemon is automated...so you won't get a response out of that (in fact..are you sure that some of these nondeliverables weren't rejections from the daemon itself?)

libraryone

libraryone

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi, thanks for your help but no it doesn't say it will continue trying and I did contact Yahoo but because someone here at work tried to fix the problem I now don't get any email but the one I don't want! Crazy stuff, anyway I do have a Yahoo account that I checked and I think I got an automatic reply from Yahoo when I tried to contact them. If this keeps up I think I'll have to start all over. Thanks again and if I do figure this one out on my own I will be sure to post the solution.