Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New Comp

• Please log in to reply

Michael101

Michael101

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
where can i get a good computer for under $1000 AU

it must be able to play UT2007

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
$1000AU would be about $745US. Now that I figured that out :tazz: we can work on the parts. What I would like to know is do you want a prebuilt machine or make one your own and just order the parts. If you get a prebuilt on, you won't find any that will play UT2007 for that price. If you get the parts your own you might be able to.

If you are going to just order parts and build it yourself, then I will need to know what you will be transferring from your old computer to your new one. Like will you keep the same case, harddrive(s), dvd/cd-roms/writers, etc... Also, what type of memory (ram) do you have in your current computer. DDR? Knowing this information will better help me to pick out stuff that will be in your price range, and that will play UT2007.

I will also need the minimum requirements needed to play UT2007. The recommended requirements would also be helpful.

Fenor

D-Shock

D-Shock

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
Where abouts in Australia do you live?