Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

What is this from?

• Please log in to reply

dleale

dleale

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
Hey guys!
Love the site, knowledgeable people, helped me out of a PITA virus before.

So ......

This folder appeared on my desktop called "Logs"
I don't know what creates it, i HAVE deleted it before, i usually ignore it because it seems harmless but, i figure that you guy might be able to tell me what's up.

I've attached the file that's contained within the folder here.

Well okay, it won't let me upload the file in it's current form.
It is stored as a NOTEPAD doc. i'll just paste what it says.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

The files named:
"cpu"
Contents:
"9/12 18:40:14.580 vendor: 1
9/12 18:40:14.580 features: 00000017
9/12 18:40:14.580 sockets: 1
9/12 18:40:14.580 cores: 1
9/12 18:40:14.580 processors: 1
9/12 18:40:14.580 chip = GenuineIntel
9/12 18:40:14.580 standard (2): 1b=00010808 1d=3febf9ff 4a=00000000
9/12 18:40:14.580 extended (4): 1c=00000000 1d=00000000 4a=20342029 8c=00000000"

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Honestly do not know

Please run hijackthis (see link in my signature), then save a log and AS A TEXT FILE (FILE > SAVE AS) then ATTACH IT (do not post) to your next post.

We do not like to post hijackthis logs in sections other than the malware forum as we do not want to encourage people to post malware issues in this forum.

I am not looking for malware. I am looking for what programs or combinations of programs might cause this behavior. If I notice any malware, I will redirect you to the malware forum.

If you post a hijackthis log in this forum, several trusted techs will come to your house and eat all of your Ritz crackers, Cheeze Doodal and any sweet pickles you have in your fridge. We will also put our feet up on all of your coffee tables. This is no joke. We'll do it. It's not pretty.

dleale

dleale

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Bleh sorry this took so long, week (+end) from [bleep].
Here is the HJT log attached.
well, okay. I'm not sure what the problem is, but it isn't letting me attach the doc. again ....

"THE FOLLOWING ERROR(S) WERE FOUND
Upload failed. You are not permitted to upload a file with that file extension."

it is just the HJT log, as created by the program, just a notepad text document, unsure why it's not working.

I won't post the whole log out b/c you said not to, and i can see why, but tell me where to go from here.

computerwiz12890

computerwiz12890

Fixer-upper guy

• Retired Staff
  • 1,807 posts
Strange...try putting the HJT log into a zip (compressed) folder and then attaching it.

dleale

dleale

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Okay cool, that worked
Here ya go

Attached Files

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
OK...I don't know one of these...want to have a consult...please be patient as I have some people take a look

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
could you use MY COMPUTER to navigate to C:\WINDOWS\system32\batodjob.dll

right click on the above file, choose properties, and check for a version tab...any relevent info?

dleale

dleale

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Well i checked this file out, no idea what it's from.

NO VERSION tab.

But it was created in 2002, so odds are that it's got nothing to do with anything, also it was last modified in 2004. But the times on those are somewhat odd... 3:41 AM on the create, and 11:56 PM on the modify, but the clock was probably just set wrong or something.

How that helps, alo should i delete the LOGS file on my desktop, and see if it is recreated again?
If not, it seems harmless.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
I don't like this file

C:\WINDOWS\system32\batodjob.dll

For that reason, I need you to submit it to Jotti's for analysis.

1. Click HERE to get to Jotti's site.

2. At the top of the Jotti window, use the Browse button to locate the following file on your system:

Full Path of File to be Analyzed

3. Once you have located the file, click SUBMIT and the content of the file will be uploaded by the site and analysed.

4. Please provide me with the results of the analysis.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
additionally,

make sure that hijack is in its own folder rather than a temp folder, then I would check the line with that in hijackthis and hit fix

It will save a backup of the setting in a folder called backup so you can reinstall

Reboot then, and then see if anything seems wrong

And yes, delete the LOGS file and see if it returns

dleale

dleale

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Well I can't upload the file, probably b/c of the firewall on our router, (which i know very little about), but i'll zip it and attach here.

Attached Files

dleale

dleale

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Ran HJT and Fixed batodjob. rebooted and everything seems fine.
I also deleted LOGS before rebooting and it has yet to reappear.