Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

primary master + primary slave

• Please log in to reply

anjay_v

anjay_v

• Pip
  • 3 posts
i have both win xp and win 98 se in my pc. while working in win xp my system crashed with the message that there is some in error in the "kernal bump memory". after this whenever i try to start the the pc my computer has problem detecting the "primary master and primary slave", but i have only one harddisk in my pc(40 gb) :tazz: and it doesnot start. after some time there's a message to check the cable connecting harddisk, i have tried to change it but it hasn't yielded any results.plz help :)

Advertisements

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
Sounds like your hard drive has died on you. Double check the cables and the power.....

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
could that be kernal dump memory?

There should be a STOP error with a number in the configuration 0x00????

could you tell us that number

anjay_v

anjay_v

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
i have double checked the cable and power, but no luck.
and yes the problem occured after kernal bump memory.............whose no. i don't remember now :)
what does primary master, primary slave, secondary master and secondary slave mean????? :tazz:

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
master and slave are used to define the first harddrive on a controller and the second.

You could switch cables...if the problem persists, connect both drives to the secondary controller