Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Problem with Logitech X-530 Speakers

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 9 posts
I turned my computer on a couple days ago to discover that something was terribly wrong with my speakers (these are 5.1 surround speakers, btw, so there's a center speaker, a front left and front right, a rear left and rear right, and a sub).

I have an Asus K8V-SE Deluxe motherboard with an onboard soundMAX device that supports 5.1 and 7.1 surround.

It seemed at first that the sound was only coming out of the front right speaker. When I ran a test (the one where it plays a virtual sound circling the user), the center speaker (front) played the sound for the rear center, and the front right speaker played the sound for both front center and front right. It was also much louder than any of the other peripheral speakers, as well as scratchy and slightly distorted. I tried switching to stereo sound, and ended up getting sound of even volume from each speaker, but with an odd, very noticeable echo effect.

I installed the latest drivers for the device, but they didn't fix anything. Any sugestions?

Edited by akb, 02 March 2006 - 02:50 AM.