Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Mpeg

• Please log in to reply

R3AL1Z3

R3AL1Z3

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
i want my windows media player to handle ALL vifeo files, and no matter if i go into quicktimes preferences or windows prefeerneces to change it, quicktime automatically takes over mpg's, and the like, anyway i can stop that? and also, everytime i go to download a video file like a wmv, it keeps popping up asking if i want to save or play this file, using windows media player, and i check the "use this answer for all media of the like" box, yet it still keeps popping upp

Edited by R3AL1Z3, 02 March 2006 - 02:51 AM.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
When you install any media player, it usually sets itself as the default, some have an option to restore the file associations at boot, and it is probably this which causes quicktime to reinstate itself

Look through the preferences section of quicktime for this

Open media player, click tools, options, file types, click select all, click apply, close media player