Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problem using Internet Explorer with new install

• Please log in to reply

PsypherPunk

PsypherPunk

• Pip
  • 6 posts
i've just installed Windows 98 (actually via VMWare but i'm not sure if this is a factor) on my PC.

i've managed to set up networking by running the Wizard on a separate XP disc. Now, i can access the Internet using Firefox and browse the networks. so everything's okay. However, when i try and run Internet Explorer i get an MSN 'net-connection-setup Wizard and can't run I.E. It asks me to select my modem (which i don't have as it's a shared 'net connection on another PC) and i can't get any further.

Any ideas how to stop this?

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
how did you install windows? or are you talking about simply setting up an internet connection within a windows 98 virtual machine residing on another o/s in VM ware??