Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Unable To Send/Receive In Outlook Express

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

BrianasMom

BrianasMom

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I need some really good help here!

I use Outlook Express for my personal email while I am at work. (The admin does not know of this)

I have had no problems for over year, until 2 days ago! Now, I can't send or receive. It just sits there and then times out, saying I can't connect to the pop3 server.

This is one of the error's I'm getting-

Message number 6 could not be retrieved. Account: 'pop.earthlink.net', Server: 'pop.earthlink.net', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR unable to open that message', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800420CD

I think they use Symantec and I have went in and disabled the email scanning. But I still can't get my mail. Would they be using a Anti-Spam program? Tuesday I started getting my mail that had ****SPAM***** before the title. It wasn't spam, it was email from my Yahoo Groups. I still got my mail though.

Not, I get nothing and I'm getting very frustrated!

If I send over a Hijack This log, would someone be able to help me? Pretty Please?

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP

I use Outlook Express for my personal email while I am at work. (The admin does not know of this)

#1 We here at Geeks To Go cannot help you get around any sort of administrative restrictions imposed on a School, Work, or any other network not owned and operated by yourself. These restrictions can include (but are not limited to): Website Blocking policies, Software Installation policies, Email retention policies, Software Configuration policies, Network/Internet usage policies, Network Configuration policies, Forum or Chat Room Bans, Game Server Bans, or any other actions that are deemed "unauthorized" by the owners/administrators of the network in question. Any actions by members of the Geeks To Go site that would be offered to help in this manner would directly violate the site’s http://geekstogo.com...act=boardrules] TOS [/url]

your administrator probably finally caught on and blocked the ports for the webmail

i suggest you contact your network administrator and ask them if it's ok for you do use their services in this manner...and if you can...then they will help you set it up....