Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Broadband made my phone fuzzy

• Please log in to reply

~Iceman~

~Iceman~

• Pip
  • 8 posts
I recently got broadband from AAPT. I set it all up correctly and put filters on all my phones but now whenever i call someone, there is a crackling fuzzy sound in the background.
Is this normal? If not, how do i fix it?

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Change the filters.

~Iceman~

~Iceman~

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Well that's obvious but i got the filters from 2 different places (AAPT and Dick smiths i think). What's the odds of that happening to both of them?

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
you may need to get your phone company to come out and test the lines in your home..it's possible (especially if the lines in your house are old) that the lines inside are just not cut out for the traffic...there may be breaks or shorts in the line that were minor enough to allow simple voice traffic but not able to handle the added info being pushed across the line