Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Counter Strike 1.6 and Condtion Zero Clans

• Please log in to reply

richy779

richy779

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
Hey,
I am a normal cs, cz player and I am looking for a clan. I am not that good but I am moderate, I am especially good at surfs maps fy maps but I play fine in all others. Maybe you can consider letting me in, I will stay on and monitor and I ask for admin rights. Though I will not pay money to be part of the clan because I see that is useless thanks.,
richy :tazz:

Advertisements

dan3411

dan3411

• PipPip
  • 89 posts
lol u demand for admin rights and refuse to pay for the server. being stingy doesn't get your anywhere.
well if you find a l33t clan who give u admin and will pay for the server without u helping please let me know.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
MOST clans don't just give out admin rights. You have to earn them. You have to fit in with that clan and be part of the TEAM. You don't really wan't to be a clan member, you just want to play "admin". Thats exactly what your post says.

be glad that you posted here and not on the steampowered or planethalflife forums as you would have been flamed incessantly.

richy779

richy779

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
All I am trying to say Is I will be part of the clan and is any clan offering to recruit me? I don't really care about admin but I will not pay because that's just silly but I will play. I like surf maps do you?

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
well you have to go and play on a server, let the clan see you play and how you interact. thats the most important part.

My clan isn't running cs or dod:s at the moment. We are running moh:aa, cod2 (3 servers), and Red Orchestar: osfront

the only reason clans ask for money is that they have thier own server(s) and it cost money to do that. I donate to my clan on a regualar basis. Its part of support the group.

cs clans are a bit different, at least thats my opinion. I don't know much about them except for a small number in my area that are active with the local gaming centers/lan parties. Again part of being in a clan is about being part of the team. You have to take the good with the bad and hope the good outways the bad by a great deal. utlimately its up to you and how much effort you want to put out.

point me to a surf map (download). that way I'll know what your talking about.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Being a clan isnt as much about the gaming as it is the community, my CS clan is on source not 1.6. But if we were i still wouldnt recruit you as your initial post put across a bad impression and you only get one first impression im afriad.

Many wont ask for a fee but some will thats only fair if you join a clan you are getting 24/7 access to their server and the rights for matches, you have to pay your doos to a sports club for games its not different for computer gaming clubs, some dont charge(we dont) but we dont have a permanent server we have to run, some clans its handled by a few of the group usuallly the main clan.

But to get in a clan there are two ways basically:
1. You get together with a group of like minded firends that all play your games of choice and you set up your own(thats how these things start).

2. You prove yourself to be either a very valuable player, or a good player but also a good laugh and wiling to contribute to the group, the ability to do both is always preferable.

Joining a clan unless you know the members well is generally frowned on, its an invite thing usually either during a recruiting period made known or just in general as a clan looks for good members, all clans need some sort of commitment, im my own clan we used to have training nights but lives got in the way, im at uni ones at college ones in India but during summers and off time when were all available we still get together even online or in real life at lan parties.

Starjax heres a surf map pack on here: http://www.fileplane...nfo/Half-Life--

I cant say i like surf maps, i prefer the more realistic ones, and nothing beats some of the still jawdroppingly good looking maps from valve old ones and new.

richy779

richy779

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
Okay I may had a bad impression but, how do we create our own server which I can give admin rights? Is it through dedicated server? but I thought it cost money? I'm confused.. maybe someone can guide through the process to create a clan with admin to others.

i prefer cz not cs 1.6 but they are basically the same

dan3411

dan3411

• PipPip
  • 89 posts
if you want ur own server go to jolt.co.uk i think that is the website or something like that but basically they have servers specially for cs clans with cs dedicated on there and u use ftp to add ur maps ect..

p-zero

p-zero

• PipPipPip
  • 276 posts
OOOO, OOOOO, I want admin right s too. lol j/k. Starting a clan is easy, keeping it going, with players showing up for practices and what not is not so easy.
Scot, is your clan lookin for new recruits? Im pretty darn good, not to toot my own horn. I can prove myself. I dont care if I get admin rights or not. I would just like to join a clan thats good and competes in a lot of matches. Let me know. At least the IP so I can check it out.
-Pete.