Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CRC Constant Problem

• Please log in to reply

GRIMTHEBUNNY

GRIMTHEBUNNY

• Pip
  • 9 posts
A Few Days ago i encountered a problem where i recive a Cyclic Redundancy error when trying to install programs off a cd this is happening with all installs off cd's including images of the cd's that were made before the problem i have defraged, check disked, virus scaned, ran tests on my memory, instaled the latest aspi drivers and still have found no problem that should cuase this also i checked the cd's and images all work on other pc's can someone help im out of ideas

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
either the cd-rom is dirty or broken,,,use a cd-rom cleaner first, and if that fails, get a new one.

This can occur if the laser in the cd-rom is out of alignment or failing

GRIMTHEBUNNY

GRIMTHEBUNNY

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
nah thats not it it always happens near the end of an install which can be 5 disks in the first 4 will work a treat. and the images im using were made on a different pc plus this happens with all images and cd regardless of damage or drive

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
doesn't matter--I am talking about the PHYSICAL drive. are you saying this occurs on multiple DRIVES or multiple CDs

GRIMTHEBUNNY

GRIMTHEBUNNY

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
both i have used two seprate drives multiple cd's as well + the images were obtined over a home network from a diiferent pc so i guess that counts as a third physical drive

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
not quite following you, but a crc error on file that has been transferred over the network could be the result of a damaged file--but my sense is that you are also using actual CDs

Slow down, back up

download Everest Home

http://www.geekstogo...tion=show&id=13

unzip it, install it, and then save a report and ATTACH it to your next post

GRIMTHEBUNNY

GRIMTHEBUNNY

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
aye i am using both physical cd's and images sorry if im rushed but this has got me at the tight end of my ropei got the report you wanted

Attached Files

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
..and the images...you are accessing them....how? daemo-tools or something?

GRIMTHEBUNNY

GRIMTHEBUNNY

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
deamon and alchohol 120%

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
you really should not be running both as virtual drives...it can have unexpected consequences....I don't think that is happening here, but it is generally an unwise call

the fact you are getting it on two cd-roms and virtual drives is very, very wierd

I also don't get your report....your showing an odd grouping of sis northbridg and southbridge chipsets....and an unknown motherboard....where's ya get this thing?

GRIMTHEBUNNY

GRIMTHEBUNNY

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
computer market i dont know why its saying unknown brand thos its an asus p4 titan tho and i have had it for a while with no probs like this before

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
asus never made a p4 titan...do you mean gigabyte? what model number

GRIMTHEBUNNY

GRIMTHEBUNNY

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
yeah gigabyte. asus was my old board. model number is GA-8S648FX-775

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
try the chipset and ata drivers here

http://www.gigabyte....?ProductID=1869

GRIMTHEBUNNY

GRIMTHEBUNNY

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
That Didnt do the trick but i uninstalled daemon tools after it gave me some trouble today and got use of my cd rom drive and a small percentage of my images allthoug by and large most of the images still dont work but i think that might be a problem with the network as all the images were retrived of the network