Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Systemworks 2006 does'nt recognise Mcafee personal firewall

• Please log in to reply

chicken_little

chicken_little

• PipPip
  • 59 posts
Hi, i'm on wireless aol broadband gold, and have been using their free Mcafee personal firewall, and Norton systemworks 2005 premier edition (without their anti-virus), and free AVG anti-virus, with no problems for a couple of years.

I have just upgraded to Norton systemworks 2006 premier (again without their anti-virus), and it does not seem to recognise that mcafee firewall is turned on, it keeps telling me to turn on windows firewall instead!

Any ideas?

Thanks guys.

WinXp pro sp2;

Advertisements

chicken_little

chicken_little

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
Hi again guys.....never mind, i've uninstalled mcafee and put zone alarm on...all well now.
regards, Dave.

Mile Runner

Mile Runner

• PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
i am glad that you could fix your own problem, if you ever need anything else please feel free to come back and post. :tazz: