Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help With Virus :)

• Please log in to reply

PatrickM

PatrickM

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hey all, i am new to the forums and i need some help with a virus, i recently went on my pc and noticed that my homepage was gophersearch.com, as well as more things being added to my favourites and advertising things on my desktop.

i was browsing google for a gophersearch virus and it came up with this topic http://www.geekstogo...rch-t37313.html from this forum and it has loads of crazy codes which i have no idea about :tazz:

and now i have just noticed that on webpages some words are highlighted in green and they are words like games or date (in update)

i would REALLY appreciate some help and i would be really greatful :)

BIG thanks in advance

Advertisements

Ryan

Ryan

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,867 posts
Please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE .
That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post a hijackthis log in THAT forum.
If you are still having problems after getting a clean bill of health from the malware expert, please return to this thread.

PatrickM

PatrickM

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
ok i know you said i am not supposed to reply to this topic but i have just realised i cant change my desktop background without having to go to control panel etc, and also my pc is MUCH slower..

i have looked at the help links you gave me but it is incredibly confusing to me, i may need to dumb it down a little...

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
follow as many steps as you can, then post a hijackthis log in THAT forum