I did disable Messenger! The action was "restart service" under the Recover tab. I just changed it to "Take No Action", disabled the service, disabled the profile. But next time I reboot, it will be enabled again. That's usually what happens.
My clock reads 3/8/2006 1:33 p.m. right now.
The Live Boot. I didn't do that myself. A guy that was helping me...he owns his own computer company and was doing all of the networking for Ben Taub Hospital at the time...used it on my computer. He had taken my computer to his house to install an external firewall. He saw all of the scripts the hackers were running at his house on my computer, but was able to install the firewall. However, when he brought my computer back to my house, the firewall would no longer work. He worked on it and tried for awhile, but couldn't do it. He saw where they were usinig the Linux desktop to log into my computer. The password for System, Local Serivce, Administrator, and NT Authority were all *. He tried to change the passwords, but they would just revert back to *. Half of the desktop was encrypted. We didn't install anything. Like I told you, this gets really complicated, and it's a 1 1/2 year story...so I cannot begin to explain all of it to you in a few posts.
My computer runs scripts. Just because something changes on here, it doesn't mean I changed it or ran something I wasn't supposed to run. That's why I need help. Things happen all of the time and things change, and I know I didn't chang it! If this helps at all, Hijack is listed under: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE_\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Management\ARP Cache\HijackThis
My bios won't resent either. I took this computer in...I tried to reset myself, but couldn't get it to. I took it to neobox in The Woodlands. The guy said he reset the jumpers, took the battery out and left it out for over 3 hours and couldn't get the bios to reset. I built my son's computer, so I know how to reset the bios. I've never not been able to reset a bios. So that's another weird thing to add to your list.
Attached is the backup file zipped. The only thing I've changed since the last post was the name of my computer because I had a bad word in there. I ran a search on hijack in my system. I attached the results. Well...nevermind. I don't have the option to zip files anymore. I have to download winzip. Will send the backup file zipped later this evening. Here's my search results though. Attaching it in text form. I went ahead and added another couple of files for your perusal.
And everything on that start list is installed. At least in the Device Manager, it shows the IRQ each device is using, the memory ranges, the drivers installed, the locations, the device numbers, and the fact that the devices are enabled. I'd say that says they're installed! (grin) Been trying to post this forever. The connection is slower than dialup. It's 2:15 p.m. I'll try again.