Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer gone slow

• Please log in to reply

Siggers

Siggers

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I use my home laptop mainly for internet and the past couple of days it's become incredibly slow. Even the startup and shutdown seem slower.

All I have installed that could be responsible is Norton Internet Security 2006. I removed an older version and installed this one. Since then each internet page takes about a minute to open compared to a second or two before. Sometimes the page won't even open and an error message comes up.

Can this all be due to this installation and if so is there anything I can do?

Thanks for any help you have. I'm not all that computer savvy when it comes to the techy side of things so please forgive me if this is an obvious question!

Cheers for any help you can offer.

Advertisements

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
Norton has been known to slow down a computer. Try uninstalling and see if that helps.