Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help with Event Log Errors

• Please log in to reply

seamusoldfield

seamusoldfield

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
OK, I'm a step or two above a newbie, but these things I'm finding in my event log baffle me. These warnings and errors seems to come up every day with every boot up. They're listed below. System information is also posted below. Can anyone help?

Type Source Event

Warning disk 51
Description: An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk0\D during a paging operation.

Warning Tcpip 4226
Description: TCP/IP has reached the security limit imposed on the number of concurrent TCP connect attempts.

Warning Browser 8021
Description: The browser was unable to retrieve a list of servers from the browser master \\YOUR-*********** on the network \Device\NetBT_Tcpip_{**************}. The data is the error code.

Warning W32Time 36
Description: The time service has not been able to synchronize the system time for 49152 seconds because none of the time providers has been able to provide a usable time stamp. The system clock is unsynchronized.

Error atapi 9
Description: The device, Device\Ide\IdePort0, did not respond within the timeout period.

Error Service Control Manager 7000
Description: The Application Layer Gateway Service service failed to start due to the following error: The service did respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

Error Service Control Manager 7009
Description: Timeout (30000 milliseconds) waiting for the Application Layer Gateway Service service to connect.

Error disk 11
Description: The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Harddisk1\D.

Error DCOM 10010
Description: The server {**************} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.

Compaq Presario
Windows XP SP2
AMD Athlon XP 2400+
2.0 GHz 224 MB of RAM

THANK YOU!!!!!

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
why do you assume they are nasty---many errors, expecially those that say they did not start in a timely fashion, really mean they didn't start, but if you look later, they did. I woudl not worry about them

the disk errors are perhaps a concern

Start > run
cmd
<enter>

type
chkdsk /r
<enter>

Say yes to run on next reboot.

Reboot, go take a walk this will take some time.

On reboot, go to event viewer again and look for WINLOGON under APPLICATIONS

double click for report

seamusoldfield

seamusoldfield

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
Great, thank you so much! I guess I just assume any error is a bad thing. My computer is slow and buggy and I figured it might have something to do with these erros. I'll run check disc and get back to you. Thanks again --

seamusoldfield

seamusoldfield

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
OK, so that DID take a long, long time. On boot up today the errors and warnings seem to be gone. Now I'm showing one new warning and one new error that hadn't appeared before. They are listed below. So should a person just run chkdsk every so often as part of a regular maintenance program, like defragmenting and such? Thanks again!

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: Userenv
Event ID: 1517
Desc: Windows saved user **********\Owner registry while an application or service was still using the registry during log off. The memory used by the user's registry has not been freed. The registry will be unloaded when it is no longer in use. This is often caused by services running as a user account, try configuring the services to run in either the LocalService or NetworkService account.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Application Hang
Event ID: 1001
Desc: Fault bucket 126637809.