Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer Beeps

• Please log in to reply

wsrehab

wsrehab

• Pip
  • 9 posts
I recently tried to upgrade the memory on my pc from 256 to 512. I purchased the proper memory for my machine and installed it in slot 2 of 3. When I restarted the computer I received one long beep followed by 3 short beeps which told me there was a memory problem. I took out the new memory and restored the computer to the original configuration and I still get the beep code error. I have tried rearranging the dimms and even went as far as resetting the bios by moving the jumper to the reset position for 2 hours and I am still get the error beeps. What is my next step? Thanks to anyone that can offer some advice.
:tazz:

Advertisements

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
Hi there wsrehab, welcome to GTG forums.

Try checking if there are any loose cables you may have bumped out of place. Eg. IDE cables, or power to HD. Make sure CD roms are securly in and that graphics card is in correctly, make sure to check all the stuff. Let us know. Goodluck :tazz:

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
Please try looking here:

http://www.geekstogo...ems-t28727.html