Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IIS

• Please log in to reply

Gamer2bn

Gamer2bn

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
kk.... I have been trying to set this thing up for a while. I have it to the point where I can log into it with local IP but once I type in my real IP I can't connect and I cant get anyone else to connect from other locations.

I thought until 5 mins ago i didnt have the correct ports open me and my buds get the same error message.

Windows cannot access this folder. Make sure you typed the file name correctly and that you have permission to access the folder

Detail:
Timed out

I've tried setting up a million different things Apache, Bulletpfroof FTP, .... please help me I want an FTP server running off this PC I don't care what that means i have to do but I would like it to have an easy interface which is why i've been trying to find something that works with Windows.

I know I havent given much info to work off so if anyone has the heart to help me ask me questions and I will tell you all that I know.

X.x sorry for spliting from the post under hardware but im really not sure where to put it at this point....

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
are you behind a firewall and or router?

you cannot check your ftp server from within your own network...you need to test it from another machine.

Or, use this service

http://www.web2ftp.com/

Gamer2bn

Gamer2bn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
I am behind a router I turned of windows firewall completely and in port forwarding I put port 21