I'm trying to access a drive on my desktop from my laptop via WiFi.
So I've done the following:
- shared the folder on the desktop (Right Click | Properties | Sharing | Share this folder)
- The share name is "dvd"
From the laptop:
- From Explorer (Tools | Map Network Drive)
- I then type in \\computer\dvd
- I get an error "...The network location cannot be reached..."
The interesting thing is that it worked the first time I tried it, but I then rebooted the laptop and now it does not work.
So far I've tried the following with no luck:
- rebooted both laptop and desktop
- Unshared and re-Shared the folder
- Tried calling the share name something else and then tried re-mapping
I'm sure it's something simple. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
btw - the network connection is fine. I am able to connect to the internet via the Wifi connection.