Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet altogether not working

• Please log in to reply

no_daybutoday

no_daybutoday

• Pip
  • 5 posts
So, one day I was overloaded by spyware, malware, trojans, and the like. I couldn't get them off by means of a virus sweep so I wiped off the C drive. I reformated it. In the process of doing that I wiped off all my installations and now nothing really works. The sound doesn't work because it doesn't have the right program set up onto it. The internet isn't working for some unknown reason. When I go into the Network Connections there isn't anything in there. No connection or anything. When I try to make a new connection it says that it can't find my network hardware, either. Usually all I had to do before was place a cat5 into the back of my tower and i'd get some indication that I have a connection. Any help would be greatly appreciated. ^^;

Advertisements

OwNt

OwNt

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 7,457 posts
Hello no_daybutoday,

What is the Model# for this computer? If this computer was custom built, what is the mobo's model #?

no_daybutoday

no_daybutoday

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
My computer is custom built and the mobo's model number is: K8N

OwNt

OwNt

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 7,457 posts
K8N is a starting number for quite a few motherboards, so let's do this a different way.

Please download Everest Here and install it.

Run it and select from the top tabs Report > Quick Report - all pages > Plain text.

Please save the report on the desktop and attach it to your next reply.

no_daybutoday

no_daybutoday

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I found out what the problem was. I had to install the rest of the drivers and whatnot. Sorry to have bugged you thus far.