Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

System Standby Problems

• Please log in to reply

itz_ya_bwoy

itz_ya_bwoy

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
I just installed a 500 gig drive and im wondering if its inevitable to not have the system go into standby after a short time, and I have the power options set to never... :tazz:

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
You may have to go into the bios and disable the power management in there for the puter to be "Always On". Usually the delete key upon bootup will get you into the bios. The arrow keys are used to navigate . Use the down arrow key to ge to the power management, then click enter to open it. again use the arrow keys for navigation and the enter key to set it where you want. The escape key will get you out of each section and usually the F10 key to save the setting.

SRX660

itz_ya_bwoy

itz_ya_bwoy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
ok I went there and these are the options I have

Suspend Mode................ S3, S1
AC Power Recovery ............ Off
Low Power Mode ......... Disabled

there was no "Always On" option there, what should I do?

Edited by itz_ya_bwoy, 05 March 2006 - 05:51 AM.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Go to Control Panel and open "Power Options". Under the "Hibernate" tab, make sure there is NOT a tick in the box to "Enable Hibernation". "Apply" any change and click "Ok".

wannabe1

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
I usually disable all power management on my computers. Both in the bios and in windows i have everything set to always on. If i want the puter off i just shut it off. I'm usually not off and on the puter during the day. I have sessions where i am on the puter constantly doing things for hours at a time.

SRX660

itz_ya_bwoy

itz_ya_bwoy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

I usually disable all power management on my computers. Both in the bios and in windows i have everything set to always on. If i want the puter off i just shut it off. I'm usually not off and on the puter during the day. I have sessions where i am on the puter constantly doing things for hours at a time.

SRX660

those are the setting i have set, its just still doing it...