Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

PROBLEMS WITH MY SOUND

• Please log in to reply

aberdeen37

aberdeen37

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hello People,

I wonder if anyone can help me!

The problem I have is that I can't get my volume on my speakers to go loud, i mean my volume is very low.

I have Dell Speakers.

If anyone has any ideas i would be greatful.

Thanks

Advertisements

troppo

troppo

• PipPipPip
  • 582 posts
hi,
down the bottom right of the system tray there should be a speaker symbol click on it and make sure the volume is up full and that nothing is muted

then if that doesnt help look at windows media player (assuming thats what u are using) and turn the volume up there and if u have volume keys on ur keyboard turn that up to full aswell if not try updating drivers for ur sound card or AC'97
goodluck

also if it is 5.1 surrond sound card then try to change the plugs and see what it sounds like then

aberdeen37

aberdeen37

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hello

I have tried turning up the volume on the task bar, that is ok.

I have a wireless keyboard with sound on it, i will try turning it up when i get home.

Also you said about Windows Media,,,, the volume on the Player is always at 10% is there anyway that i can put it to 100% al the time?

Thanks
Andy
:tazz:

troppo

troppo

• PipPipPip
  • 582 posts
well normally there is a sliding bar at the bottom of the player in which you can set it at different levels
i have a similar set up and when i had probs with my speakers (they were quiet aswell) try turning it up to 100% it should stay that way until you move it again.

also when you open the volume control (from the task bar) go to options propities and select front, subwoofer and anyother speakers you have connected sumtimes the front speaker volume can be at half or even lower so turn all of thoose settings to full and make sure it all isnt muted also turn up the setting "wave" this effects the volume aswell

also in the control panel there should be a shortcut to sound effects manager open that and play with the equlizer settings and see what it says and if you see anything that doesnt look right just put it up to full because you can always go back to your defult settings if it doesnt work
goodluck
P.S are the speakers 5.1 channel or are they 2 channel stereo
can you tell me also if you are using a sound card or straight from the motherboard and if the motherboard has jack sensing or not thanks

so just to clarify
1) change volume in media player
2) open volume control and go to propities and select speaker configurations
3) place all settings to full including volume and wave
4) go to control panel and open sound effects manager and play with equlizer
5) tell me weather it is 5.1 or 2.1 or just 2 channel stereo
6) tell me weather your mobo has jack sensing

goodluck

Edited by troppo, 04 March 2006 - 06:32 PM.

aberdeen37

aberdeen37

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
:) :)

Hello

I tried what you said and still the volume is too low. I have contacted Dell and the machine is from them. when i turn the speakers up there is alot of bass.

Thanks for your help.
Andy

:tazz:

troppo

troppo

• PipPipPip
  • 582 posts
no problems i hope they can help
goodluck :tazz:
troppo