Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Email 'block' workaround?

• Please log in to reply

cyberdyne

cyberdyne

• PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
Is there a way of accessing a 'Horde' webmail account on a system where its suspected that the admin have blocked access to said account / domain?
I am trying to access website email from work but it has stopped working. Everything else is fine including hotmail etc. 'I.T.' say they haven't changed anything but I strongly suspect this is not the case.
Thank you

Advertisements

Mile Runner

Mile Runner

• PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
yes.....but no. :tazz:

if your admin set up percautions to stop you from doing something, there is a reason that happend. GTG does not get involoved in pernell issues or in things to help users do things that are either illeagal or blaintanly imoral/wrong. i hope you understnd.

Edited by Mile Runner, 04 March 2006 - 07:49 AM.

cyberdyne

cyberdyne

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
I fail to see whats immoral about checking the email sent to/from a dance website while on a lunch / break, but yes, I understand.
Thanks anyway, ill ask elsewhere.

Edited by cyberdyne, 04 March 2006 - 09:36 AM.

Mile Runner

Mile Runner

• PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
i am not saying your actions are immoral, just that if an admin has blocked something it was blocked for a reason.