Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

didient no where to post this but i need directions on how to forward

• Please log in to reply

mrhunta

mrhunta

• PipPip
  • 99 posts
I have been trying for 4 hours to fix my ports on my netgear router to work with my nintendo ds better and i couldent figure it out, i stumbled onto nintendo fourms and read what this guy posted about port forwarding it sounded like it would fix my problem if i could do what he did. so my quistion is how can i do what he said he did with my router setting. i tried going to port forwarding but i was real confused about what to put in plz help :tazz:

him talking and what i need to do but im clueless plz help me forward my ports
''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
Ok, I have good connectivity to NWC. I notice however that I have a hard times connecting to players sometimes and cannot connect to certain friends ever. I did some digging and found the tcp ports necessary for using wifi. All udp ports should be enabled as well. For some odd reason, netgear routers have udp and tcp ports tied together. So, in order for me to enable all udp ports I have to open all tcp ports as well. I can forward all ports to my DS's IP. Is this a good idea or is it a bad security risk? I don't use a dongle and again I can connect to my netgear router very well, but a lot of times I get error 86420 after a long time of searching. Will this help?

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
a link to that forum, would help. As would the make and model of your router