Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can recivce but not send e-mails!

• Please log in to reply

Extream

Extream

• Pip
  • 5 posts
:tazz: at the moment i can recivce e-mails but not send them via all my accounts that i use in outlook, i've tried every thing , it can find the outgoing/incomming server, e-mail address, username, but it says " SSL or port infomration is not correct" how do i correct this then?

Advertisements

Extream

Extream

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
can any one help? ;) :tazz: ?

Hemal

Hemal

Founding Fart

• Technician
  • 1,470 posts
in your settings for the acccounts your trying to log into, are you sure their correct, (i.e if you have it on POP3 vs. another one it should be?)

Extream

Extream

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
it's set as pop3 and it's pop3 is there any way i could go through another outgoing e-mail server?

rzambon

rzambon

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Check a couple of things:

If you are running a gateway, firewall, or router, make sure you have POP3(port 110) and SMTP (port 25) both open, incoming and outgoing. Also, if this is a mail server that you host, check to make sure the MX records in DNS are correct and are what your email server is looking for.

If you can recieve emails, it shows that POP3 (port 110) is fine, and that SMTP (25) is your problem. Check with your firewall/router/gateway. Also, if all else fails, check with your ISP

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts
Are you trying to use your outlook to download and send email that is web based
such as yahoo or hotmail.
If so your STMP has to be your isp stmp
eg POP3. yahoo but STMP your ISP not yahoo. Does this make sense if not I wll
try and explain with a screen shot.
Cheers
peterm