Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

stupid yahoo.....

• Please log in to reply

ambmy9

ambmy9

• PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
i have been having problems with yahoo but now the stupid thing wont open it says( error gij7323 )and another one was(error ymsgr-tray) i tryed uninstalling it and then reinstalling it but it still does it so it must be something my computer is doing but i have no idea how to fix it can someone please help me with this.... :tazz:

Advertisements

ambmy9

ambmy9

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
i'm also getting a error saying comctl32.dll it says it has to do with my operating system

computerwiz12890

computerwiz12890

Fixer-upper guy

• Retired Staff
  • 1,807 posts
Hello ambmy9.

If this is on a ME or XP computer, I'd like for you to create a restore point before we make any changes. Please create a system restore point by going to Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore. Create a restore point for today. Call it "dial-a-fix"

In the event that you cannot make a restore point, back up all important data before continuing. This is only as a precaution, but so far the program I'm about to ask you to use has not caused any bugs/problems.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, download Dial-a-fix from http://fileforum.bet...ll/1131569373/2

When you download it, double-click on it to extract all of its files. Then open the folder it creates. Double-click on the file called Dial-a-fix.

At the bottom, click on Tools. Select Repair/reinstall IE and then click on GO. Restart your computer afterwords.

After your computer restarts, try your yahoo messenger again. If it still doesn't work, try this:

Open Dial-a-fix again. In the bottom right corner, put a check next to ActiveX controls/codecs. At the top left corner, put a check next to Install Windows Script Host and Install VB6 runtime. Now click on GO at the bottom. After it is done fixing, restart your computer and try Yahoo again.

If it still doesn't work, now that your IE and ActiveX controls are repaired, uninstall and reinstall Yahoo messenger and try it again.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If any problems occur or anything gets worse, you can go back to the restore point I had you create, if you were able to make one.

Edited by computerwiz12890, 04 March 2006 - 12:52 PM.

ambmy9

ambmy9

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
i downloaded it but i cann't find the folder called dial-a-fix it didn't come right up i extracted it and that is all it did where can i find it?

Edited by ambmy9, 04 March 2006 - 02:34 PM.

ambmy9

ambmy9

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
ok i got it but when i went to tools and to repair ie it said
C:\windows\IE uninstall log txt was not found. you will not be able to use this method to repair IE
i also tryed doing the other one but it did not work

ambmy9

ambmy9

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
i also have uninstall yahoo and reinstalled it

computerwiz12890

computerwiz12890

Fixer-upper guy

• Retired Staff
  • 1,807 posts
What version of windows are you running on this computer? And what version of Internet Explorer are you running?

To check the version of your Internet Explorer, open Internet Explorer and click on Help > About Internet Explorer

ambmy9

ambmy9

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
i have windows me and explorer 6

computerwiz12890

computerwiz12890

Fixer-upper guy

• Retired Staff
  • 1,807 posts
Go here to download and reinstall Internet Explorer 6 for your computer.

ambmy9

ambmy9

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
well it wouldn't let me just reinstall i had to save it to my desktop then i uninstalled internet explorer 6 back to the what it was on before i upgraded then i upgraded back from the download i had on my desktop and it seems to be working fine yahoo came right up after i did it, i think that something got deleted before that wasn't suppose to there was a few time that it said i was missing files... thank you so much for ur help i had been trying to figure out what was wrong all day :) :tazz: :)

computerwiz12890

computerwiz12890

Fixer-upper guy

• Retired Staff
  • 1,807 posts
You're welcome :tazz: Glad I could help. :)

Edited by computerwiz12890, 05 March 2006 - 11:10 AM.