Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Spybot keeps having bad checksums

• Please log in to reply

tricoven

tricoven

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
Hi, just as said above, I can't download any updates from Spybot 1.4 because it keeps having bad checksums. I already uninstalled the system and reinstalled it again and I have the same problem again. Can anyone help me with this? Thank you very much in advance.:tazz:

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Try a different download site

Or here

http://www.majorgeek...613a462f9f0a942

tricoven

tricoven

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
Thanks!! I'll download it asap.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
I can only get updates from one of the servers in the drop down list in spybot, most of the others time out then give the bad checksum error, it also happens if the updates have only just been released and the server is too busy because everyone is trying to update

AlexInOklahoma

AlexInOklahoma

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I've had similar experiences. I also have noticed that if I am doing other data-downloading/browsing while d-loading the Spybot update (dial-up is all I have), it *always* fails the update (bad check-sum, per se). It sure seems to be VERY finicky - acts like update is more important than any other action while getting the update, LOL...persistence always gets the update, though :tazz:

Alex

tricoven

tricoven

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
Try downloading it in the same link provided. Lemme guess, you've downloaded your Spybot at Download.com? HBecause they have been sucking up lately. Their programs have different errors in them. I've downloaded SpywareBlaster from there and it just crashes everytime I try to update it. I downloaded another copy from majorgeeks.com and it went well.

DON'T DOWNLOAD FROM DOWNLOAD.COM THEY HAVE BEEN MESSING UP LATELY!!!