Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Similar wireless router problems.

• Please log in to reply

Ryan Damage

Ryan Damage

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I am having similar problems with my wireless router as the person in this:
http://www.geekstogo...98741&hl=router
thread described.

It says my wireless connection is able to communicate with my router, but it cannot connect to the internet.

Any help would be appreciated and info needed will gladly be provided..
Thanks.

Advertisements

Dan

Dan

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 1,771 posts
Hi Ryan,

Please goto Start --> Run --> type CMD and press OK --> then type: IPCONFIG /ALL - please post the results here by right-clicking on the Command Prompt window, selecting 'Select All', pressing the Enter key, and then posting on this forum. Alternately, you can save your information to a text file by using the following command: IPCONFIG /ALL > C:\ipconfig.txt -- navigate to that text file, and copy/paste the information from it.

Please goto Start --> Run --> type EVENTVWR and press OK --> Now, look under the System log for any errors and/or warnings. If you find any, please post the relevant heading, along with the details inside by double clicking on the error/warning, and then copy/pasting the information from within.

Please goto Start, Run, type CMD and press 'OK' - now type: netstat -rn and press enter; please post the results here.

Thanks,
Dan.

Ryan Damage

Ryan Damage

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Ehh, thanks for your reply, but I've decided to scrap it. THe laptop doesn't need to be wireless, I was just hoping it would work out better. I'm just going to run a wire and save myself a headache. Thank you very much for your reply, though. This site has been a help with someother problems I had also.