Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Upgrading display driver

• Please log in to reply

dan2

dan2

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I know nothing about drivers, let alone how or if I should update mine, NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 Model 64 Pro.

Is there a safe way to proceed?

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
If its working fine now, leave it alone. With all due respect, those who say "I know nothing about X" and then proceed down the direction of doing X usually, though not always, get themselves into a situation that goes beyond forum help and needs a trip to the local computer shop.

dan2

dan2

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
"If it ain't broke, don't fix it" is my general practice. However, I'm trying to determine how to upgrade to use Final Cut Pro, whose requirements I don't meet.

Naively, I hoped that NVIDIA might clearly indicate how to proceed. I think this page offers what I need, but obviously I'm guessing: www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_71.89.html.

My system: Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2: NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 Model 64 Pro; NVIDIA Driver Helper Service, Version 52.16 Version 6.14.10.5216.

I guess it's most prudent to rely on Windows Update and assume that my system cannot handle Final Cut Pro, let alone more advanced gaming and graphics.

Thanks for your input.