Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

using windows 95

• Please log in to reply

islandcat

islandcat

• PipPipPip
  • 239 posts
I picked up an old computer and wanted to set it up for my kids using my old win95 program. Would it be worth it? Can they still play games on it? I have lost my win98 program and only have my back up, would that set up on another computer? Thanks

Advertisements

unethical

unethical

• PipPip
  • 88 posts
uhhh.. what kind of games? Why don't you buy yourself a new computer? And give the Windows 98 computer to your kids. Windows 98 is about to be completely obsolete in the summer when Microsoft stops updates/support.

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,385 posts
Hi Islandcat
It depends on the games you want to use.
Games are normally very heavy system users.
If you vist our game site and tell them what you use then they will offer the best advise.
Gamers

Cheers
Peterm

Edited by peterm, 04 March 2006 - 11:47 PM.

islandcat

islandcat

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts
Well cant afford new puter or new program at this time. I realize win98 is going to be obsolete and when it is and I can afford the puter of my dreams then my kids will get it.

islandcat

islandcat

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts
Thank you Peterm I will do that.