Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Virus Problem.

• Please log in to reply

DakiniShaman

DakiniShaman

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
Okay, almost EVERYTIME I get on the Internet I get some spyware. The spyware turns out to be a program that DELETES spyware (of course, it doesn't delete it). I am supposed to register and pay to get the full program, but of course I just uninstall it. By the way, the spyware also puts a desktop in the background thats hard to get rid of, but I can.

If I uninstall it it asks me to restart the computer. When I do, though, and I try to log in to ANY name, I get an error message that says "Explorer.exe made an invalid blah blah blah, please press OK to terminate program." And of course the computer does not load.

THIS IS HAPPENING RIGHT NOW! I can't reboot or anything. Please, someone help me! :tazz:

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Hi DAkiniShaman! Welcome to G2G!

I suggest you go to the Malware Forum and run all the steps located in the START HERE. These self-help tools will help you clean up 70% of problems on your own. If you are still having problems after doing the steps, then please post a HiJackThis Log in THAT forum.

Fenor

DakiniShaman

DakiniShaman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Thank you. I will go ahead and check that out.

By the way, where can I get HijackThis?

EDIT: By the way (again), if I follow the pinned instructions, I most likely won't keep getting the spyware again, will I?

Edited by DakiniShaman, 04 March 2006 - 09:46 PM.

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Just read through the START HERE link and it will tell you everything you need to do. :tazz:

Fenor