Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Task Manager replacement

• Please log in to reply

richocki

richocki

• PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
Any one know of a Task Manager replacement? I had one, before I had to reformat the HD and reinstall XP that
started when ctrl-alt-del was pressed. It gave information on the processes that were running. I would like to see if I can find this TM again. thanks

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
richocki...

What happens when you press Ctrl + Alt + Delete? Do you get a Task Manager that just doesn't contain the information you're used to seeing? If so, open that one and double-click on the top blue border.

wannabe1

richocki

richocki

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
I have the XP TM ok. When I double click on the top bar it maximizes.

The one I am looking for replaced the TM and opened when you did the ctr-alt-del. When you selected a process it gave you information on who owns it (company) and where it is on you HD ect...

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Ok...you're looking for something more like THIS.

richocki

richocki

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
Security Task Manager is very interesting. I think I can learn to like this one even though it is not a true ctrl-alt-del replacement for XP's Task Manager.
Thanks for introducing me to ecurity Task Manager.