Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

System Boosters APLICATIONS

• Please log in to reply

richy779

richy779

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
I have been hearing alot about softwares which boost your computer and ram and I wonder how they do it..http://www.inklineglobal.com/adsales/betanews/pcb_offer_cpa_336.html?mcp=US this link is an example of a system booster aplication and I want to ask a professional if this really works? is it posible to double your computer speed or ram? What does overclocking do? I have been hearing about video card booster like ATITOOL and don't really know if it is safe and If i should get it and If it really works give me suggestions of good brands..

thnx

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
ok, your confusing terms and applications

first off at the operating system level there isn't any performance gain that a piece of software can add beyond keeping your system defragged and the registry cleaned.

as to ati tool. it offers several nice features including the ability to overclock your ati video card:
No limits overclocking
Finding maximum core and memory overclock by rendering into a Direct3D window and scanning the output for visual artifacts.
Temperature monitoring and fan speed control (on supported cards)
Removal of Catalyst overclocking lock for 9000/9200/9550/9600 series.
Artifact scanning mode for non-ATI cards - use together with a 3rd party overclocking utility
Loading a predefined clock profile on Application/Windows startup
Hotkeys that can be used any time to load clocks from a profile.
Hotkeys that can be used any time to load clocks from a profile.