Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Conncetivity Problem After group Policy Implementation

• Please log in to reply

Mohammad Hasnain

Mohammad Hasnain

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I'm running a Windows 2003 Server Domain, all member clients were running MSN Messenger and Google Talk software successfullt.
I've apply "Windows Firewall" settings through group policy, MSN and Google Talk stop working. Now the problem is after re-setting the Windows Firewall setting to "Not Configured", still MSN and Google Talk is not working on any clients.

Please suggest any situation to corrct it.

thanks

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
by "after re-setting the windows firewall setting to "not configured"" i assume you mean changing that setting in AD? if so...it's possible that the client's are still set to have it on...(ad is not very good at managing the windows firewall...don't know why...but it's just not) try renabling that gpo but configure it to add google talk and msn messenger into the exceptions list in the firewall setting...this SHOULD turn the firewalls back on...but allow traffic from both google talk and msn back through