Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problems setting up Belkin F5D7633-4 router

• Please log in to reply

cowlinggp

cowlinggp

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Any thoughts would be appreciated.

This should be fairly easy to set up, I have configured all the network settings correctly & everything is showing as connected but I'm having problems using their web page based setup. I've been unable to even log in.

Basically the guidance says to navigate to 192.168.2.1 through a web browser which should bring up a log in screen, password is blank & continue to setup. Every time I go to this site it shows an error and will not let me submit the password.

forms[0].submit(); } else { usrUserName.value = 'fail'; document.getElementById('LogDiv').style.visibility = 'visible'; //setTimeout("ClearErrorMsg();", 5000); } } } function ClickClear() { ClearErrorMsg(); document.forms[0].pass.value = ""; } Login
"Login Failed: Incorrect Password !"
Before you can change any settings, you need to log in with a password. If you have not yet set a custom password, then leave this field blank and click "Submit"

Any clues, as the tech support people suggested doing a full reset of the modem which has had no effect, and they had no suggestions after that apart from take it back and get a replacement which I have done, but still no joy.

Advertisements

cowlinggp

cowlinggp

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Ah.

As I have now established, it seems to be a javascript error. I removed an old version of Java environment and got in OK, although after a system restart I'm back to square one. Any thoughts greatly appreciated if anyone has any experience with this.

Sam_G

Sam_G

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
Try for the user name: admin
password:password

Thats what it usually is

cowlinggp

cowlinggp

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
The error comes up immediately on loading the page. On entering the password which apparently has to be left blank nothing happens. Seems to be a weird javascript problem which I am now at a complete loss to solve.