Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Moving programs from computer to computer in ME

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Trying to move Money 2001 from my ME computer to my 98 computer. I dont have the install disc as
it was orginally installed on my ME machine when I bought it. It wont run on the 98 Machine, and it wont
tell me what files it needs, like other programs I have moved.

Do you know what supporting files I have to move to make it run? And where do they go?

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
The real problem with microsoft money is that the features you can use in the program are not supported after 3 years. For this reason i usually will buy the newest version of money off Ebay every other year. This way you get the updated version of money. I usually pay $10-15 for it. This is much easier than trying to do what you want to do. It is almost impossible for you to find all the files money puts on your computer when installing. The install process also puts references in the registry and other places which you will have to do manually.