Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

keyboard problems

• Please log in to reply

Project

Project

• Pip
  • 9 posts
My situation goes like this. When I was using my computer last night it worked and everything was fine. I closed it to go to sleep but I wanted to leave it on so I could download something. When I tried to log onto my windows account I tried to enter my password but a ballon saying that "I was not allowed to copy it from the password field". My password starts witha c so I guess it thought I was trying to copy it. After a long while of tinkering and re-trying I finally got it able to work but my left ctrl doesn't work. I tried to open my history or copy all the icons on my desktop with ctrl+h or ctrl+a but it doesn't work. It isn't spyware or a virus or anything cause I scanned my comp, I've tried the option of the "run" command and entered sfc/ scannow and inserted my windows xp disc and let it finish but it still doesn't work. If anyone can offer any help I would be thankful. I use a Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 Keyboard.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
try a different keyboard..if the problem is the same with another keyboard then it's software...if a diff keyboard works..then it's the keyboard

Project

Project

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Thanks for the advice but I found out the problem. Seems like my non-computer literate father spiled some water into the keyboard messing up the keyboard but it works now.