Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

so confused because my computer is crazy

• Please log in to reply

darkest-knight

darkest-knight

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
My computer has been plagued with problems lately, even to the point where it wouldnt even turn on properly. So, what i had to do was i used hte System Recovery Partition on my computer and now i can turn it on and what not. However, my computer now can not display the "Desktop". It keeps giving me this, 'access to desktop is denied" REMOVE. I catn even use the Docment and Settings to open up the desktop. Please help. thank you.

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
please do not intentionally misspell words to get around the language filters...they are there for a reason

Your system recovery failed or was incomplete. (this happens sometimes)

Run it again

strictor

strictor

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
I found this in our forums:

http://www.geekstogo...php/t53197.html

darkest-knight

darkest-knight

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
thanks for that. However, it only allows me to see the desktop. I still cant access anything inside the [bleep] folders. I have a lot of folders on my desk top and they wont let me in with aht access denied crap. anyhoo, thanks for that by the way, i was able to get in that thing. hoorah.