Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

printer makes colored bars

• Please log in to reply

tomcochran

tomcochran

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi
Printer will print alternating color horizontal bars about 3/16" wide
I have tried MANY times print head alignment. to no avail.

What should alignment test pattern look like??? Destint bars or a solid block. ( In A thru K of the patterns )

If someone is interested I can scan and send an example of what I'm getting.

Tom

Advertisements

Jack123

Jack123

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 944 posts
01- tomcochran [Canon Bubble Jet i850]
6th March 2006

Hi Tom – Welcome to – [Geeks to Go]

Printer will print alternating color horizontal bars about 3/16" wide
I have tried MANY times print head alignment. to no avail.

What should alignment test pattern look like??? Destint bars or a solid block. ( In A thru K of the patterns )

I believe what you are describing is the – [Nozzle Check Pattern] – Any unevenness in these patterns indicate that the – [Print Heads] – require alignment –

They probably will be in – [different colors] – [identical sizes] – [identical darkness] – you want them to be solid – with – [Little or No white lines] – inside each bar – I guess go ahead – [Scan & Send] – a copy of Test Page -

Do you have the Print Manual/Startup Guide with your printer or do you have the CD – They are probably on CD – [as pdf files] – If not then you can download at this – [download library link] below –

http://consumer.usa....31&modelid=8047

What is the – [Printer Status] – when performing other/normal – [Printing Tasks] – Are you having poor quality printing [??] –

Jack123

Edited by Jack123, 06 March 2006 - 12:13 PM.