Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

dell AIO printer

• Please log in to reply

zwq21

zwq21

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Help... I have a Dell all-in-one printer - when i typed in service tag number through dell site it said my warranty has expired.

Here's the low down... my wife was trying to print a bulletin (plain paper) when the paper is trying to go through to be printed on, it goes into the feed size of printer approximately one inch (no more than one inch) then it stops but the printer keeps going like its still sensing the paper is going in... then it prints (assuming on the rollers?) but the paper has not advanced far enough to be printed on... next it makes the sound as if its bringing the paper out to the "finished" tray - yet the paper is still way back at the feed tray.

After reading several places in the manual it said the "reset" the printer by turning off for at least 10 seconds then turning back on... did this only 2 times... now we're getting error message "Cover Open"
and it will only let you unplug it (hitting power button to reset will not work) to turn it back on... oh and the cover is NOT open...

Does anyone have any insight on this??? If so PLEASE help.

Thanks

Advertisements

Jack123

Jack123

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 944 posts
01 – zwq21 –[Dell A10 - All-in-one printer]
6th March 2006

Hi – [zwg21] – Welcome to – [Geeks to Go] –

I need the Model Number of the Dell AIO Printer – In order to research –

(1) – Sounds as if you may have had a Paper Jam at some time & may have remnants left over – that is obstructing – [Sensor’s View]
(2) – Did you have a Power Failure/Surge
(3) – How old is Printer
(4) – Can you print a – [Test Page] – from the Printer itself – without being connected to PC

The Cover problem – Being an – [AIO] – There are probably more than 1 – [Cover] – So just – Open & Close all covers & Inspect the – [Ink Storage Compartment/Area] – It may be & probably is pretty well – [Ink Congested/Saturated] – which may be confusing the – [Turn On Diagnostic Self Test Routine] –

when i typed in service tag number through dell site it said my warranty has expired

[??] – Dell used to be pretty good with – [Service] – but lately [??] –

Post back – [Printer Model Number] – so I can do some research – Probably similar to a Lexmark Printer -

Jack123